In today’s competitive world, more companies want to differentiate themselves from the rest through brand culture, specially in Asia.
They offer better products, cheaper prices, and more convenient services. But these aren’t enough if you want your company to stand out.
Building a positive and strong brand culture is also needed to be remarkable.
Brand culture is the set of beliefs, principles, and values that a company believes in and lives by. It is the organizational culture of a business. It is also a marketing concept. Marketing studies show consumers prefer to buy brands with the same values as they have.
The benefits of a strong brand culture
Attracts and keeps the right talent
Companies that have a clear vision and good values attract like-minded employees. When you have the people who agree and believe in your company’s values, you will have a loyal and tight team. They can attract new talent to your company by representing your brand and its culture. Since the world is now connected, they can spread your culture with a simple post or tweet.
Builds strong relationships
Managers and employees now spend 50% more time on collaborative activities. Collaborations can bring pressure, but it can be easier when people share the same values.
Increases Customer Satisfaction
It goes beyond buying your product. Consumers also want to associate with your brand’s values. They want a sense of connection. It helps enhance customer experience and also encourages engagement.
How to build a brand culture that fits the Asian Markets
Asian countries have high context cultures. This means business transactions develop through relationships and trust. They are also indirect communicators. Most rely on body language, gestures, and the likes to communicate.
Meanwhile, businesses from the West usually have a more direct approach. They have low context cultures, which are action-based and values clarity.
This difference in communication style is already a hindrance. But it doesn’t have to be.
Entrepreneurs need to learn about social and professional relationships. Especially if they want to start a business in a foreign country. Lack of knowledge on this matter affects their adaptation to cultural differences. It can also affect negotiations and deals and cause misunderstandings.
So how do you create a clear brand identity and build business relationships?
Here are some tips.
1. Define your brand. A brand is your company’s asset. It is what you stand for and what you can offer to your consumers. A unique brand can set you apart from your competitors and make your company successful. What makes your company special? What does your product have that others don’t? Define them all and own them.
2. Write your mission, vision, and values. Your company’s values will be effective if people can commit to it. Zappos, an online shoe and clothing store, is a great example. The company has 10 core values, and one one of it is to “be humble”. The result: Zappos is now well-known to be among the best customer experience.
3. Create your identity. Identity is about how your company presents itself in public. It includes visual statements like designs, logos, and slogans. Keep in mind that this identity will portray your brand’s mission, vision, and values.
4. Educate your employees. Each employee needs to understand your company’s mission, vision, and values. Memorizing them and putting them on the walls aren’t enough. To achieve the culture you want, your employees should apply these values to their daily work.
5. Tell your story. Storytelling stirs emotions and builds empathy. Don’t be afraid to share your humble beginnings. Create a story that represents not your products, but your company’s core values as well. Share your vision, and your customers will help make that possible.
Remember, the culture should also reflect on the actions of the organization’s leaders. The first person who should live by the culture and core values is you.
Building a brand culture that can thrive in Asian markets takes time. But with proper planning and executing, it will give you amazing returns in the long run.
Follow us on WeChat