This week on Five Tips Tuesday, we let you in on how a proper mindset can affect your success.
While people have different definitions of success, we all want to get a feel of how it is to be successful. The way you think will greatly affect how you respond to the challenges that come your way.
In this week’s edition, learn the importance of growth mindset from Carol Dweck as well as from a study published by Stanford University. See how one website can keep you motivated and watch yourself grow at the same time. Also, find refuge in a relaxation app for your sanity break.
1. Video – Carol Dweck is a pioneering researcher, studying how people foster success. In a TED talk, she discussed how our capacity to improve is all in the mind. As cheesy as it may sound, you can do anything! Watch her video here, and see for yourself. You’re completely responsible for your success.
2. Article – Growth mindset is the idea that a positive trait can be developed. Unsurprisingly, this is an essential ingredient in brewing your success. A study conducted by Stanford University, revealed that one’s social status doesn’t matter. Students from the lower 10% of the group performed just as well as those in the upper 80%. Know more about the study by clicking here.
3. App – Relaxation is important as it allows you to focus on your tasks later on. If you can focus on your tasks, you can succeed. Writing a journal is one way to do that. Better yet, download Momento to keep track of your thoughts and possible inspirations.
4. Website – Know what motivates you and be a step closer to success. Mindbloom is a website/social gaming that makes your life a lot better. This game helps make your goals defined, so you remain motivated and realistic.
5. Book – Is talent really more important than work ethics? How can you network well if you’re an introvert? What do you do when you feel like quitting? Here are ten books that will help you answer these questions and also get your feet to the right direction. Check it out here.